These woven scarves are inspired by Japanese shibori’s dynamic approach to patterning and surface design. A resist technique using threads woven into the scarf and later removed after dyeing allows us to use multiple colours of dye to create the designs.
- Light to medium weight
- Material: 100% silk – The medium weight scarf has 50% silk noil.
- Colour: Multiple colours are applied with liquid dyes after the scarf is woven
- Measurement: width-20 cm, length-196 cm, fringe length-4cm
- Care: Handwash in cool water, lay flat to dry, press with steam
- Handwoven and Dyed by Jean Down